Skip to main content

Burn Day FAQ's

I tried calling the fire station for help, but no one answered.

We regret that we weren't there to take your call. Even though we're here most of the time, we're understaffed, so we can't guarantee that someone will be there to answer your phone call. If you have an emergency, CALL 911!!!  If your needs aren't an emergency, leave a voicemail, and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. 

Why doesn't the fire district respond to people burning illegally?

Burning is regulated by Jackson County Environmental Public Health, not us. If you wish to report an illegal burn. You can use the following link to Jackson County's online complaint form:

Report an Illegal Burn to Jackson County Environmental Health


Call 1-(888)-997-7888

What are the fire season restrictions?

The fire restrictions differ for each public/rural residence category, commercial/business/contractors, and industrial/timber/woodland work. The Public Use Restrictions and Industrial Fire Precaution Level (IFPL) also change at different times.  

To get the best answers on fire season restrictions, call the Oregon Dept of Forestry (ODF) Southwest Oregon District Grants Pass or Medford offices at:

ODF Grants Pass: (541) 474-3152

ODF Medford (541) 664-3328

You can also visit their website, ODF SWO Fire Season Restrictions.

What is my ISO rating?

That can depend on several factors. Please call us at (541) 582-0678 so we can help you determine your ISO rating.  

How can I get an address sign?

You can use the form on the Contact Us page. Make sure to leave your address,

or call us (541) 582-0678