Skip to main content


Is today a burn day?

The best way to find out is to call (541) 776-7007 just before you light you barrels or piles. The conditions may change during the day that may cause a change in the burn day status. and remember,  THERE IS NO BURNING DURING FIRE SEASON!

I tried to call the fire station for help, but no one answered the phone.

We regret that we weren't there to take your call. Even though we're here most of the time, we're understaffed so we can't garantee that someone will be there to answer your phone call. If you have an emergency CALL 911!!!  If your needs aren't an emergency, leave a voicemail and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. 

How can I become a volunteer and help out?

FIrst off, we're excited you're interested. We'd love to have you as part of the family!

Click here to visit our "Join Our Fire Family" page


Call us at (541) 582-0678  

Why doesn't the fire district respond to people burning illegally?

Burning is regulated by Jackson County Environmental Public Health, not us. If you wish to report an illegal burn. You can use the following link to Jackson County's online complaint form:

Report an Illegal Burn to Jackson County Environmental Health


Call 1-(888)-997-7888

What are the fire season restrictions?

The fire restrictions are different for each catagory of public/rural residence, commercial/business/contractors, and industerial/timber/woodland work. The Public Use Restrictions and Industrial Fire Precaution Level (IFPL) change at different times as well.  

To get the best answers on fire season restrictions, call the Oregon Dept of Forestry (ODF) Southwest Oregon District Grants Pass or Medford offices at:

ODF Grants Pass: (541) 474-3152

ODF Medford (541) 664-3328

You can calso visit their website ODF SWO Fire Season Restrictions

What is my ISO rating?

That can depend on several factors. Please call us at (541) 582-0678 so we can help you determine your ISO rating.  

How can I get an address sign?

You can use the form on the Contact Us page. Make sure to leave your address,

or call us (541) 582-0678